Educational Webinar: Dr. Molly Brewer, on Palliative Care and Ovarian Cancer
OCRF Free One-Hour Educational Webinar
Molly Brewer, DVM, MD, MS, on “Palliative Care and Ovarian Cancer”
Please join us on October 23rd at 6 p.m. EST for an informative presentation by Dr. Molly Brewer, Director of the Division of Gynecologic Oncology at the University of Connecticut Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center, and member of OCRF’s Scientific Advisory Committee.
Dr. Brewer will discuss palliative care and how it can help women and families facing an ovarian cancer diagnosis.
Questions addressed will include:
• Palliative care: what is it? When is it used? How it is different from hospice?
• Benefits of palliative care (increasing length and quality of life, decreasing suffering, decreased hospitalizations)
• How can palliative care help the ovarian cancer patient & family members?
o Pain management
o Symptom /problem management (bowel obstruction, ascites, etc)
o Emotional/psychological/spiritual concerns
o Care planning
• When should an ovarian cancer patient start receiving palliative care?
• Financial concerns: will insurance or Medicare cover palliative care?
• Access: how to get palliative care? Whom do you ask? Is it one doctor? A team? What if there are no palliative care specialists at my hospital?
You can listen in and ask questions live on this enlightening presentation.
The archived webinar will be available at this link for a limited time following the original presentation.
This is the fifth in a series of new educational webinars from OCRF this year.