Research & Grants
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund is the largest and oldest charity in the United States funding ovarian cancer research. Through our three research programs, we fund the best researchers and the most innovative projects.
Since 1998, OCRF has awarded 63 leading medical centers 195 grants for ovarian cancer research: an investment totaling over $50 million. OCRF researchers are taking on ovarian cancer from many angles:
- Developing innovative strategies for early detection
- Discovering genetic polymorphisms that increase risk for ovarian cancer
- Understanding the underlying genetics and molecular biology of ovarian cancer
- Identifying new, better targets for treatment
- Determining how to super-charge a woman’s immune response to better fight ovarian cancer
- Deciphering how and why ovarian cancer spreads, and how to stop it
Each dollar you donate brings us closer to cracking the code of this difficult disease.
Our Scientific Advisory Committee, comprised of the best gynecologic oncologists and researchers in the United States, developed grantmaking programs designed to accelerate progress in the field of ovarian cancer research.
Click on the links to the left to read about our grantmaking programs, to meet our researchers, and read about their projects.
What are the most promising areas of ovarian cancer research? What are the biggest challenges scientists are facing today? Read interviews with OCRF-sponsored researchers here.
OCRF is now acception applications for its three grant programs. Letters of Intent are due May 23, 2013. Click here for more information.